General Instrument Care
No matter what you play, from flute to tuba, there are a few rules you can follow to keep your instrument in great condition - inside and out.
1) Do not drink sugary beverages before or while playing.
2) Do no eat immediately before or while playing.
3) Do not expose your instrument to major temperature changes (Example: Do not leave your instrument in a car overnight).
4) Follow proper instrument care after playing (Example: Swabbing out your saxophone; Grease your trumpet slides).
5) Do not put things in your case that do not belong there - especially on top of the instrument.
6) Take apart your instrument and put it in its case after playing.
7) If you notice that something is not working properly, bring your instrument in to a repair technician.